Cultural Events Near Miami Beach
Miami is a city built on contrasts - after an evening partying, you can wake up to explore our diverse art and culture scene. Miami art and culture is alive and well in this glamorous city by the sea, and you will have a front row seat to it all when you choose the oceanfront accommodations of Crystal Beach Suites Hotel.
Our helpful front desk staff would be glad to help you locate a gallery or museum, but here are a few of the most popular cultural venues in Miami.
Museums & Galleries
- Bass Museum of Art: A contemporary museum located on South Beach featuring a wide range of recent art and educational opportunities.
- Miami Children's Museum: Non-profit educational museum featuring an ever-changing hands on exhibits for the whole family.
- Historical Museum of Southern Florida: Museum focusing on the history and culture of South Eastern Florida.
- Museum Of Contemporary Art: Museum located in the heart of downtown Miami, featuring a wide variety of exhibits.
- Frost Museum of Science: Re-opening in the summer of 2016 in a state of the art facility in Downtown Miami.
- Arsht Center for the Performing Arts: Large performing arts center located in downtown Miami. Check their website for upcoming shows.
- Florida Grand Opera: Visit their website for upcoming performances.
- Miami City Ballet: World-class ballet company performing a wide range of contemporary and classic ballets.
- Olympia Theater: Historic performing arts center hosting a wide variety of community events and performances.
- Miami Symphony Orchestra: World-class professional orchestra company founded in 1989.
Events & Festivals
- Miami International Film Festival: Held in March of each year, this festival seeks to share thought provoking films.
- MIFO LGBT Film Festival: Critically acclaimed festival held in the world-famous South Beach.
- Art Basel: Also known as 'Miami Art Week', this annual festival is held in December each year. Events are hosted all over the city.
- Progressive Miami International Boat Show: This annual event features over 3,000 boats and vendors from all over the world.
- Miami Fashion Week: Held each May, this fashion event focuses on resort and pre-spring collections.
- King Mango Strut Parade: Held in Coconut Grove on December 29th, this event features satirical costumes, floats, and marching bands.
For more details on cultural events during your stay at Crystal Beach Hotel Suites, visit the Miami Annual Events Calendar.